Hi there and welcome to Bewtsy.
We want to make buying and selling as easy for you as possible, so what better way to do this than to give you a handy little guide.
Your Guide to Buying
- Either start browsing items or take a look around some shops.
- Once you’ve found what you’re looking for, add the item(s) to your basket(s) (the basket icon will only display the items in your primary basket, but don’t worry, everything you have added is still there).
- Make sure you’re aware of the shops delivery options.
- When you’re done shopping, click the basket icon (top right) to check your basket(s) and make sure you haven’t forgotten anything.
- If you have multiple baskets, you can choose which one you want to pay for first by making it the primary basket.
- If you have a coupon code, enter it and then proceed to checkout.
- Enter your billing / delivery information and then complete your payment with Paypal
- If you want your billing information to be remembered to save time, then take a few seconds to create an account (its free).
- Once you’ve payed, you can return to your basket page and pay for your other baskets if you have added any items from other shops.
- Remember we take no commission so you’ll only be charged for what you buy.
- As Bewtsy is made up of independent sellers, you may wish to enquire about any return and delivery policies the shops have.
Your Guide to Selling
- If you fancy selling your own up-cycled and handmade products and making some money, you’re going to need to create an account (also free).
- So all your going to need to do is quickly create your account and make sure you have an active Paypal account. If you don’t then take a minute to set one up here: www.paypal.com
- Once you’ve got your Bewtsy account, go to your account page and hit the “My Shop” button.
It will be in the column on the left.
- Enter your shop name and then tell your visitors about you and your shop and the kind of items you sell using the next 2 boxes.
- In the last box you should include all of your returns, refunds and delivery policies.
A typical layout for this information might look something like this:
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies.
For details, see individual items.
Estimated shipping times
Europe: 3-5 business days
North America: 3-5 business days
I’ll do by best to meet these shipping estimates, but can’t guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Customs and import taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I’m not responsible for delays due to customs.
I gladly accept returns and exchanges. Contact me within: 14 days of delivery. Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery. I do not accept cancellations. But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
The following items can’t be returned or exchanged.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can’t accept returns for:
- Custom or personalised orders
- Items on sale
Conditions of returns
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs.
If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information: To communicate with you about your order, To fulfil your order, and For legal reasons (like paying taxes).
- Once you’re done, submit your shop for review and wait for our team to give it the once over before launch. ( We just want to make sure you’ve given plenty of information about your shop and the items you’re selling). It will usually be reviewed and up and running within 24 hours.
Once your shop has been accepted you’ll need to identify your shops shipping capabilities.
Once you’re shop has been accepted a new tab will become available in ‘My Account’ called ‘My Shop’.
Under this tab you will find three new options ‘Items’ – Where you can add new products, ‘Orders’ – where you can monitor and manage your orders, and ‘Shipping’ – where you will set your shops shipping availability with shipping Zones.
Select the ‘Shipping Tab’
You will notice there is already a shipping zone called ‘Rest of the World’ – Use this zone only if you are able to ship anywhere in the world. if you are not, please disable all options for this zone by selecting ‘Disabled’ in each of the dropdown boxes (‘Flat rate’ – Status, ‘Free shipping’ – Status, and ‘Local pickup’ Status). Then save changes.
If you are only going to ship your items to certain countries, you will need to create new shipping zones for these countries. If you will charge the same amount for shipping to each of these countries you can add them to the same shipping zone. If you will charge different amounts you will need to create a new zone for each.
Tip: You can even identify areas by postcode/Zip-code if needed.
Once you have created your Shipping zones you will need to assign shipping costs for the classes provided (‘Large’, ‘Medium’ and ’Small’).
Once this is complete your items will need to be assigned to a shipping class so that the total cost of shipping (Item class depending on which shipping zone) is calculated at checkout.
You can do this when listing the items.
You will need to have calculated, or at least estimated shipping costs of each class to the different zones you are selling to, prior to listing your items.
If you would prefer you can instead include all shipping possibilities into the item prices.
- Next step is to start showing off your products, so go to your shop and start adding your items.
- Enter all the details of the item and submit the item for review. (remember to be as detailed as possible)
- It shouldn’t take more than 24 hours for the item to be reviewed and ready to buy from your shop.
- You can see all details of your shop including any pending orders from your customers.
- Remember to change the order status of your sale to complete once you have dispatched the item to your customer.
- Unlike most sites, Bewtsy does not take any commission for the sale of your items, however standard paypal fees apply. for more information, visit https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees
- In the event of your customer requesting a refund, it is your responsibility as the seller to provide this service. Remember to state all relevant information regarding returns and shipping in your shop description. Please refer to the terms and conditions on our “About Us” page for more information.
Need a little more guidance? Check out our Seller Handbook here. Bewtsy’s Seller Handbook
Oh and don’t forget to take a look at our terms and conditions before you get started. You can find them in the “About Us” page.